About Chris Moody
Chris Moody is a marketing dork.
Marketing changes daily. Most marketers aren’t keeping up. I’m one of the many trying to do something about that.
I live in the Raleigh / Triangle area of NC. I’m VP of Marketing at Compendium and frequently speak at marketing events and at various universities. Growing up in Tobacco Road has fostered a love for college basketball and playing basketball, golf and softball. Most importantly, I have a beautiful wife, an extremely handsome son and a great family.
All views here are my own.
Switching to third person now to make me sound more official-like.
Why follow Chris?
- He’s the 15th of 14 Social Media Pros in the Triangle to Watch in 2010, which is equally impossible and impressive.
- At SoFresh Tampa, he had the honors of making up a statistic and helping bring “that’s what she said” to a panel.
- His article, Real World Twitter Usage for Product Managers was published by Pragmatic Marketing.
- He was featured in Personal Branding Magazine with Chamillionaire, Brian Solis and the Chocolate Rain guy.
- He helped launch a sweet product called Phonebooth that you can read about here.
- He guided the social media strategy for Phonebooth to get real results, which has been covered by Mashable.
- His work with Phonebooth’s social media strategy is featured in the book “The Executive’s Guide to Enterprise Social Media Strategy.”
- He had the honor of being selected to present at Ignite Raleigh 2 to over 700 people and teach them why “Everyone Needs a Dumb Guy.“
- He was featured on MarketingProfs.com thanks to a post on customer service and word of mouth.
- He tells funny stories and is somewhat sarcastic.
- He’s tall enough for you to wear 3″ plus heels around.
- He does most video interviews in one take or less, like this one.
- He can fit in almost any speaking session and most overhead compartments.
- He’s so self-deprecating, you’ll feel better about yourself by hanging out with him.
- An interesting fact about Chris – he has “That’s What She Said” engraved on his wedding band.
-Triangle AMA VP of Programming, Board of Directors and Leadership Committee
A few speaking gigs highlighted to show that I’ve actually tricked a few people into letting me get up on stage to talk.
- Social Fresh (Charlotte ’10, Tampa ’10, Tampa ’12)
- Internet Summit
- Ignite Raleigh
- Triangle Social Media Boot Camp
- Duke University
- North Carolina State University
- Meredith College
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Triangle AMA
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
What do my LinkedIn references say about me?
Contact Chris Moody
Email: cm at chris-moody dot com
Want more info or just a cool aggregator site (my Flavors.me)?