About Chris Moody
Chris Moody is a marketing dork.
Marketing changes daily. Most marketers aren’t keeping up. I’m one of the many trying to do something about that.
I live in the Triangle of NC. I’m a marketing dork at Oracle after Compendium was acquired and frequently speak at marketing events and at various universities.
All views here are my own.
Switching to third person now to make me sound more official-like.
Why follow Chris?
- He’s the 15th of 14 Social Media Pros in the Triangle to Watch in 2010, which is equally impossible and impressive.
- At SoFresh Tampa, he had the honors of making up a statistic and helping bring “that’s what she said” to a panel.
- His article, Real World Twitter Usage for Product Managers was published by Pragmatic Marketing.
- He was featured in Personal Branding Magazine with Chamillionaire, Brian Solis and the Chocolate Rain guy.
- He helped launch a sweet product called Phonebooth that you can read about here.
- He guided the social media strategy for Phonebooth to get real results, which has been covered by Mashable.
- His work with Phonebooth’s social media strategy is featured in the book “The Executive’s Guide to Enterprise Social Media Strategy.”
- He had the honor of being selected to present at Ignite Raleigh 2 to over 700 people and teach them why “Everyone Needs a Dumb Guy.“
- He was featured on MarketingProfs.com thanks to a post on customer service and word of mouth.
- He tells funny stories and is somewhat sarcastic.
- He does most video interviews in one take or less, like this one.
- He can fit in almost any speaking session and most overhead compartments.
- He’s so self-deprecating, you’ll feel better about yourself by hanging out with him.
- An interesting fact about Chris – he has “That’s What She Said” engraved on his wedding band.
–Triangle AMA Board of Directors and Programming
A few speaking gigs highlighted to show that I’ve actually tricked a few people into letting me get up on stage to talk.
- ExactTarget Connections
- Social Fresh
- Internet Summit
- Ignite Raleigh
- Indy Big Data
- Eloqua Experience
- Triangle Social Media Boot Camp
- Duke University
- North Carolina State University
- Meredith College
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Triangle AMA
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
What do my LinkedIn references say about me?
Contact Chris Moody
Email: cm at chris-moody dot com
Want more info or just a cool aggregator site (my Flavors.me)?